Thursday, May 26, 2011

Funny things Jaeley says

Jaeley is growing up so fast and even though she is only one, she is saying the funniest things. A couple of days ago, I was talking to her about going down to our garden plot. This was our conversation.

Me - "Jaeley do you want to go down to the garden?"
Jaeley - "Ya"
A couple of minutes later, I asked -"Jaeley, I'm ready, do you want to go?"
Jaeley - "Actually, no."

Once we got down there I was showing her our plants and I remembered that mint grows along the side of the fence so I picked some and told her to smell it and then asked her what it smelled like and she said it smelled like gum. Now she calls it the gum plant. It is so funny, I let her pick some every time we go to the garden and she will treasure it for so long. She carries it around for hours. She will hold it in her hand and every so often she will smell it. She takes it everywhere she goes and when I ask her if I can hold it she says no. Sometimes she will set it down somewhere, but she will always go back after a couple of minutes and see if it is ok. So usually by the end of the day we have wilted leaves of gum plant (mint) laying around the house.

Tonight I was doing the dishes and she walked into the kitchen and says "guess what mom?" I started laughing and said what, but by then she must have forgotten what she was going to tell me because she could say is umm, umm.

Some other funny things
- When she wakes up in the morning or from her nap she just starts yelling mom until I go get her. If I don't go quickly it gets faster then if I don't go she starts yelling dad. Once you go in there she says something like "I wake up."

- One of my friends has a little boy named Scott and Jaeley insists on calling him Scotty Boy.

- In the last week, she started singing the first couple lines of the Happy Birthday song. She doesn't really get the tune exactly right and I don't know where she learned it, but it is so funny to listen to.

No comments:

Post a Comment