Scandinavian Days
Every year since I can remember my family has gone to Ephraim on Memorial Day for Scandinavian Days. Our extended family on the Anderson side has a booth that sells famous BBQ Turkey (it is pretty much what makes Scandinavian Days, the line is the longest every year, I think people come just to get the turkey.) This year I didn't really help in the booth but I helped babysit all the kids while my sisters helped in the booth. Rhett surprised me by showing up unexpectedly. I was really happy to see him because I wasn't going to see him for longer than a week. It was really fun to catch up with all the extended family and to keep the tradition going.
St. George and Boating at Sand Hollow
My family all decided to go in together and buy a boat (don't worry it was cheap.) Well we decided to take it and try it out. My mom and us girls went down a day early to go shopping and play with the kids at the water park (splash pad) and swimming pool. We had a lot of fun at the splash pad. It was perfect for the little kids to play and get wet. Even the babies really liked it. Later that night when my dad and Brian came we went to the swimming pool and hot tub and that was a lot of fun too. Then off to bed so we could get rested for the big day at the lake. The next day we went to Sand Hollow and had so much fun. Jaeley loved to play in the sand and be on the boat. She did not, and I mean did not, like her life jacket. Right as I was trying to put it on her she would start crying and screaming, then as soon as I took it off she would immediately stop. I decided to take her on the tube behind the boat, she didn't really like that either, but I think it was because of the life jacket, but I had fun. My mom was even able to come with us. We all had fun and can't wait to go again.
Hiking, Fishing, and the Cabin
The same day Andrea went home Brittany and her family came, so we headed up to the Smith's house for more fun. While everybody was home we spent a day in the mountains. It was a lot of fun. First we went on a hike, it was good for the most part but there were still quite a few snow drifts that we had to climb and Jaeley decided it wasn't fun anymore so me, Rhett, Jaeley, Jamie, Dray, Brittany, Presley, and Koy turned around while the others went on. We all had fun. After lunch we went fishing and most everybody caught a fish. This was Jaeley's first time fishing. I think she would have played in the water if we would have let her get close enough. Well, we kept our fish and went back to the cabin and had dinner (fish, hamburgers and hotdogs.) After that, we cleaned up and headed back down the mountain. We had such a fun day. The cousins all enjoyed playing with each other and the adults all enjoyed catching up.
Listen, that tee shirt you are wearing in the mts is mine. I have looked everywhere for that Old Navy Flag Shirt. I think all the pictures are way cute! I can't believe how much your family has grown!
ReplyDeleteOk first let me get this off my chest. I am bummed that you were down here for TWO WEEKS and I didn't get to see or talk to you to catch up on life. Aren't we friends anymore? Ok that's better. You probably didn't have any spare time anyways by the looks of it! It looks like you had a blast and I'm glad you got to spend some quality time with your fam. I'll let you off with a warning this time but next time you are in Beav you better call me :)
ReplyDelete